Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Rediscovering the Christmas Season



I love the Christmas season. A lot of the excitement for me is getting to see family during a week break that we always take as a staff. I live about 9 hours away from both my family and my wife's family, so our family always makes a week's vacation trip and splits time with my family and my in-laws.

Another thing that I love is getting to enjoy how cozy our little house gets when my wife, Jessica puts up the tree and all the lights and decorations in our house. It's a joy to come home, turn off all the house lights and watch some TV with my family under the light of just our tree and other decorative lights in the house.

I've been wanting this Christmas season to be a little different, however. And the other day I stumbled on the "Rediscovering the Christmas Season" Bible reading plan over on YouVersion. So I'm doing my first reading plan that I've done with them during this season to refocus some of what I love about Christmas back to what's important. So if you're looking for a quick reminder that really only takes about 5-10 minutes each day to do, I really encourage you to click the link above and join in.

The cool thing about it, is if you have a smart phone, you can download their app, and do it on your phone too if you set up an account on the website and login on your phone.

0 comments: