Wednesday, July 26, 2006

Where Is Summer Going

Where is the summer going? It seems like just yesterday that we had just arrived here in DeMotte, and now we've almost been here for 7 months. I've been doing a lot of planning for Leader Training for our children's and teen's programming. And in just a few more weeks we'll be starting up a new year of Sunday School.

This last weekend we had to make our way back home, again. My grandfather on my mom's side passed away, so we drove back for the services. It was nice to see family and friends there. I got to see my cousin, Brandon, who is a cadet at West Point. Him and I had graduated high school together. On our drive back our air conditioning in our brand new (yes, less than 3000 miles into the car's life) quit. It was pretty hot on that trip back. But then for the rest of the weekend and on the trip back to Indiana it worked fine. I'm not sure what the deal is with the dumb thing.

Life is getting back to normal hopefully for a while. Jessica just started a new position at the back working in New Accounts; yesterday was her first day doing that. I think she's excited to get to be doing something new. I got to go out and golf in the area church golf league yesterday, so that was nice (and hot).

This weekend we are taking our high school students to the lake for a couple of days of skiing, boating, jet skiing, and whatever else you do at a lake. We're looking forward to having a good time of fellowship and fun with them.

0 comments: