Wednesday, August 02, 2006

A HOT Weekend

This last weekend we had the opportunity to take our high school students to the lake for a relaxing time of jet skiing and boating. A couple in our church has a boat, jet ski, and camper at Bass Lake and offered for us to use all their stuff for our youth group camping trip. The kids had a great time tubing and whatever else their little hearts desired.

I woke up early on Sat. morning in my tent as I was already sweating from the heat, so naturally I decided I better have some coffee in me (yes, hot coffee). After getting some breakfast it was off to the lake for a day of boating with the kids. They really had a good time.

This was also Ryley's first time of bing in the water. We weren't too sure how she would like it, but she ended up having a great time splashing in the water. As you can see some random kids loved coming up and petting her.

Things continue to press on. Summer is fast leaving us, meaning I have to get busy with the final planning steps for the fall kick-off. We're excited to see what another year of ministry is going to bring. I was just talking with a guy in the church today and realized that it 10 days we will have been here for 8 months. It's hard to believe, but we're excited to see what God is going to continue doing through us here.

0 comments: