Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Finally....window treatments!

Besides the wooden blinds that we bought for our front window, we have just kept the white mini blinds up in all of our windows. I've been wanting to make window treatments, but either time or money has prevented it. A while back we were walking through Wal-Mart and some striped fabric caught our eye. We decided it would be perfect for our sunroom, so we got it! It took a little while, but finally I finished some roman shades for our windows, and with the help of my handsome and very handy husband, we now have our first window treatments up! I'm also very excited because I was able to buy all the fabric for curtains for our entire house because Joann's was having a big sale this weekend! I've promised Jonathon that I would finish making him some golf shorts before I begin the new curtains. I'm dragging my feet because it's a new pattern, which means that I have to read (and follow) directions. When it comes to sewing and cooking I rebel against directions. Here's a couple of pictures of the new shades!

0 comments: