Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Russia, Here I Come

A couple of weeks ago at a Family night at church, a man and his wife in our church who are big into missions approached me about going to Russia with them. This couple, John and Jan, are on staff with Soar International and help to run a camp every winter and summer for teenagers.

This trip will be two weeks long, leaving on the 31st of Dec. I'll spend two weeks at the camp helping to lead the sports ministries and spending time with the teenagers there. Then after the week, I will get to go and help pass out stockings for a couple of days at area orphanages. I think I'm going to get to visit St. Petersburg and Red Square in Moscow as well.

God has opened so many doors for me here to be involved in the globalization of his church, and I cannot wait to get a glimpse of that corner of His kingdom. If you can keep me in your prayers for the first two weeks of January I'm sure I could use every bit of them.

0 comments: