Monday, June 18, 2007

CIY and Baby Showers

This last week I had the opportunity to take 4 of our high schoolers to CIY (Christ in Youth) Summer Conference, in Anderson, IN. We only had about a 2 1/2 hour drive so it wasn't too bad. And Jessica is about 6 weeks away from due date, so it was nice knowing that I wasn't all that far away to be able to get back if anything happened.

The conference was great. CIY always does a wonderful job of putting on a wonderful experience for the students. At the beginning of the week I thought that I had 7 kids going, but then we only 4. The four that went really were impacted by what all went on at the conference. It's awesome for me to see them get excited about coming home and taking on the things in their life. I had a mother come up to me and tell me that her daughter was talking with her about some of her friendships and decissions that she was making. That, to me, is an incredible feeling knowing that the students came home and are beginning to make some decissions for themselves.

Sat. after I got home on friday, my mom and mother-in-law are here for the two baby showers that people have planned for Jessica. Sat. was the one at the church and then this Wed. the ladies at the bank are throwing her one as well. We are truly blessed with a great group of generous people around us.

And now, for your added pleasure here is a video that CIY would show. Enjoy.

2 comments:

Kim said...

I will be checking the blog spot more often as the baby's arrival draws nearer! So excited for you guys. Our new bog spot is http://hubbardhappenings.blogspot.com/ Take care!!

Anonymous said...

Incredible! I've never seen a video make as little sense as that one ! What in the world? Was that you Jonathan ?

Hope you are feelin' well Jessi,
Linda